Sunday, February 19, 2006

Big monsters am good

Finally cracked with regard to my gaming drought on Saturday but managed to stave off my hunger for an xbox 360 with Shadow of the Colossus. Everyone and their mum has said how great this game is and I'm not one to disagree with consensus, happy to follow it like the sheep I am.



He's a big bugger isn't he? And what fun it is bringing the great sod to the ground. Clearly I'm not getting into the whole 'questioning the morality of video gaming' thing that Colossus is supposed to be about. Granted I can see the ethical questions inherent in attacking a generally peaceful race of giants without provocation and bringing about their destruction to satisfy a purely selfish end, but I'm normally too busy yelling at the screen and desperately attempting to stab open their vitals to let it bother me. That said it does put a novel spin on things, and it is quite refreshing to have no stereotypical great and noble quest behind your actions. Is also strangely calming in places, which is good because my next great bout of gaming looks likely to be the stack of pant-wettingly scary survival horror that Baron Z is threatening to lend me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home