Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hex-Box

As mentioned in passing below I've not had an easy time of things with my X-box recently. Indeed, Microsoft's finest has become the only games console I've owned to up and die on me. What is more, reports of a miraculous rise from the dead appear to have been a little premature as the little bastard refuses to work on anything like a regular basis.

Which led me to look seriously at the Xbox 360 whereupon I found myself in the interesting state of being unable to get excited about a new piece of shiny kit. I'm a generous man, so was prepared to overlook the cash-hungry division of consoles into regular and "Core" systems. However, when a boast is made as to the console's wireless capacity yet it then turns out that said wireless capability requires another 80 quid to be spent on a glorified aerial, questions have to be asked. To then discover the ridiculously limited nature of the compatible back-catalogue pretty much turned me off the thing there and then.

The fact is I'd really worked myself up to buy it but to have two of the major reasons for this kicked out from under me was pretty disappointing. Effectively all Microsoft have to go on is a disappointing range of launch titles. I'm going back to sacrificing animals on my official X-Box altar (only £99.99) in an attempt to summon its spirit back from the dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home