Sunday, March 22, 2009

World of Potential

Just as the ipod really got me into listening to music again simply through having my entire record collection to hand wherever I happened to be, so a few days of Spotify have seen me listening at home in a way that hasn't been the case for a while.

It's taken me a time to appreciate it, but with Spotify you have whole oeuvres of music that you might otherwise never listen to just a few clicks away. I've got quite a few CDs but have never felt the need to go crazy on buying early American blues-folk. Happy to say that I've spent the best part of the day listening to Woody Guthrie, Lead Belly and John Lee Hooker.

It's hugely addictive stuff and it feels great to listen to swathes of music that you feel guilty for never having heard before. Just goes to show how the internet still has the capacity to upset cynicism and throw up something that feels fresh, useful and expands your horizons in a way that felt impossible a short time previously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home