Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Work/life balance

Have tentatively reached some sort of balance of terror with law work at present, just doing enough to stave off the demons without doing so much as to run myself into the ground as has been the case.

This has also opened up a bit of time for Phoenix Wright, which I justify on the grounds that it's basically the same as studying for the law. It's still a fine game, but some of the puzzles are a little obtuse - not in the lucasarts sam and max / day of the tentacle sense, where totally random objects could hold the solutions to in-game puzzles - but in an equally frustrating way where the ends are clear but the means to get there are far from logical. In other words the player may basically be right about what to do, or how to pick apart a witness' testimony but just doesn't know which evidence to submit to do this. Hands-up, I confess that part of this is due to my own ineptitude, but there's also the slightly skewy legal world in which the game operates. I'm not expecting a hardcore advocacy simulator (from my own experience that would be suicidally boring) but perhaps a better explanation of the in-game rules re submissions and evidence.

Also enjoying The Trap. Nothing like a good pessimistic conspiracy theory.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Clapham said...

I am letting the side down as well, with way too much work and precious little time spent slaughtering zombies. I need to re-prioritise. Raccoon City won't save itself.

Mark

4:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home